Tuesday, April 22, 2014

the norm...

Sometimes I get really down on my abilities as a mother.  I think we all do.  Right after my dad died, one of the things I most struggled with was feeling utterly and completely inadequate.  I kept feeling immense guilt that my dad was the greatest and my poor children would never have memories of him and that I should be their biggest advocate when, in fact, he was.  It was hard. Heart wrenching and paralyzing.  I'm way behind on this blog, but it's been a blessing to go back through pictures from January, and February, and March and see that my kids have a great life.  They are blessed.  I'm sure I will have many more opportunities to fail them, but I'm also sure that I'm not nearly as inadequate as I have, at times, felt. Even if I don't always get down on the floor and play with them, I offer them experiences, opportunities to enjoy themselves and learn about life. In church on Sunday we learned about how we always need to consult with the Lord when we are trying to teach and discipline our children. I'm certain that will help prevent some of my fly off the handle anger.  That's my new goal.... instead of responding to my kids in anger, say a quick prayer and try to follow promptings... we will see how that works out for me :)

This series of pics includes the norms: park and museum.  It also has these sweet kids playing just dance... they are so adorable as they try to mimic the dance moves on the screen.  They get their faces painted sometimes, this was a frozen party they went to.  On Sundays, Xiana and I google hairstyles and she picks one from the screen. These little rosettes were actually quite easy and looked adorable. The rainbow loom hasn't made quite so many appearances lately, but the ladder bracelet is by far my favorite.  Now I need to find something for Kolton to do besides scatter rubber bands throughout the house in an effort to annoy his sister.













No comments:

Post a Comment