Monday, August 26, 2013

Tahoe

Garrett and I escaped the hospital for a while one day.... we had one last trip to the beach before, upon our way home, we learned that the doctors were ultimately running out of hope.  Garrett urged me not to check in before driving down Mount Rose Highway, but I couldn't not call.  I robbed us both of our last 40 minutes on earth believing that dad was going to be just fine.

The day was beautiful, though.  It was a much needed getaway.  Kolton was pretty sure that his rightful place was on Garrett's raft with him and rarely went anywhere else except when he took a nap on my lap on Garrett's raft... pure bliss for a little guy!  Xiana swam and swam.  The temperatures had been in the hundreds for long enough that it was the warmest I've ever felt Tahoe... warmer even than it was in August. I'm grateful we went... it was much needed.  Garrett and I  managed to make it up a few more times this summer... healing a bit more every time.






No comments:

Post a Comment