Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Kolton's firsts of many

Kolton is such a sweet baby. He sleeps wonderfully and seems good natured in his awake time. He is growing as he weighed 6 10 at his two week check up which is encouraging. He loves to go outside with his daddy and take a little cruise around the property. Brian does this multiple times daily and I imagine it will become something of a tradition for the two (sometimes 3 if Xiana feels like it) of them. He's so cute. I love when he stretches his little arms. He looks like such a little man. He is a voracious little eater and so far, likes his swing. He's not a big fan of being swaddled at night and fights it for the first little while after he goes to bed, but the blanket usually wins.
Ekco and Xiana love to be big sisters and Ekco is especially interested in holding him. She is at a really good age to be able to enjoy and remember his baby days.
We thought we would take a picture of Kolton next to mousy just for a size comparison and Xiana wouldn't think of missing out.
This picture truly brings a little pang to my heart. He is so darling next to that little mousy. He is scarcely larger. I love the way his hands are moving in the air. Kolton is very strong. He can almost roll over and already has great neck control. He is a perfect little creature. So far his most prominent expression is sucking in his lower lip. He's done it since the day he was born.
He wasn't a huge fan of his first bath... well, in the water he was fine, but after we took him out is another story... I guess this doesn't come as much of a surprise because he hates to have his diaper changed or to be naked. Xiana loves to tell everybody this and then follows with, "when I was a little baby I wanted to be naked all the time." And she did. He fights the diaper coming off... she fought the diaper going on!
This picture doesn't exactly illustrate his contentment in the tub but, believe me, as long as he's in the water he seems pretty darn content.
Sissy loves to feed him a bottle. However, I think she gets bored with it pretty quickly because she didn't complete this one and hasn't asked since.
This is another of the adorable outfits Ekco picked out for him. She did such a good job. He is an adorable monkey.
And greatly loved.
Seriously he is too darling! He had his pictures taken by two photographers thus far but I can't figure out how to post them. As soon as I can I will. The first wanted the little naked shots and he pooped and peed on her 9 times! Likewise both visits to the doctor resulted in a nurse wearing his poop and pee. What can I say? He likes his diaper to stay on!
For our first FHE after his birth we went to Yogurt Beach. It was delicious.... he slept :)
I'm sure he will love going to get ice cream very soon. I forgot how much time I spent nursing in the early weeks. It's amazing. It consumes half of every day. I know that he will grow more efficient in time but for now... I am successfully catching up on all kinds of tv.
Ekco picked out this outfit too. I swear that girl has some good taste!!! Please disregard the massive mess... I expect to dig my way out in roughly 3 months.
Another great success is that he likes his swing which affords me all kinds of impossible things.. like showers and cleanups!
I am so in love again. He is the sweetest baby. He is a lot of work, even though he is such an easy baby, but he is wonderful. Completely, utterly perfect! I feel blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment